myTREEvolution National Video Competition Winner Annoucement
The winners were announced in myTREEvolution’s social media on 15th January 2018 and the top 3 winners are:
- Saifullah Suhairi (Champion) from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Mohamad Jalilludin Sabri (1st Runner Up) from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Nuramelynn Izzaty Hisham (2nd Runner Up) from Universiti Teknikal Melaka (UTEM)
myTREEvolution National Video Competition Judging
The myTREEvolution National Video competition was launched in October 2017 and ended on November 30th 2017. myTREEvolution received an overwhelming 70 creative and exciting entries from students of various Malaysian higher education institutions. The judges for the finale (Top 20) are: –
- En Mohd Yussainy Md Yusop, Ketua Unit Komunikasi Korporat & Perhubungan Awam Jabatan Perhutanan Semenanjung Malaysia (Kementerian Sumber Asli dan Alam Sekitar)
- En Mohd Zulfadhly Luey, Executive Director/Cinematographer/ Motion Designer Luey Motion Lab
- En Muhamad Khairi Muhamad Rais, Video Editor, Fashion Valet
- Mr Teow Boon Bin, Head Of Graphic Design, Openlearning Global (M) Sdn Bhd
- Miss Fatimah Zahara Hapiz, Learning Designer, Openlearning Global (M) Sdn Bhd
- Dr Rosmaliza Mohd Kamalludeen, Project Leader, myTREEvolution iCSR, CEO@Faculty Programme 2.0
Top 20 Finalist Carbon Offset Video Competition
Watch all the videos here
Join our 2-minutes video competition
If you are an undergraduate in Malaysian private and public universities, we want to hear about the inspiring actions you are taking to combat climate change emphasizing on “carbon offsetting” in a three minute video form.
In this competition, we are looking for videos which showcase:
- the increase of knowledge on ”carbon footprint” and ”carbon offsetting” and other issues related to the greening of the environment; OR
- the implementation of climate-friendly solutions/ideas about how to reduce carbon emissions to achieve the temperature goal; OR
- building resilience to carbon footprint impacts such as heatwaves, for example through tree planting and increasing green spaces;
The Judging Process
Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Content: clearness and effectiveness of the video in documenting a story about carbon emissions, promoting action and/or offering new solutions.
- Innovation, originality, and impact: telling a carbon offset story in a fresh and unusual way, appealing to a broad and diverse audience and encouraging further thought and action.
- Technical expertise: quality of camera and audio work, effectiveness of editing and strength of script.
- A judging panel including representatives from university, industry, government agency and community will create a shortlist of videos to be posted online, after which judging will be based on the number of views. There will be three winners in this competition.
- 1st Prize – RM 3000
- 2nd Prize – RM 2000
- 3rd Prize – RM 1000
How to Participate
Make an engaging maximum of two minutes video, using whatever type of camera you have available, about your activities and submit to: http://bit.do/mytreevolution
15 October 2017 – 30 November 2017
Website and Social Media Campaign
Check out our social media campaign here